Disable snapping to certain objects

Hello - I have a Figma project and have placed an SVG image in a Frame. Now my problem is that any object on that frame try to align themselves to SVG paths inside of that SVG image. Sketch and XD both don’t do this. I guess what I’m asking for is a way to stop snapping objects to children of that objects siblings (“nephews”?), while still snapping to parents and direct siblings.

Here’s a video of what I mean: Watch Bildschirmaufnahme 2024-03-18 um 15.05.29 | Streamable

Heyo @samaneo! The video no longer seems available to view – if you’re uncomfortable sharing it publicly, feel free to PM me with it.

My initial thought is that this is a feature limitation on our end, but I’m not entirely sure. I can check in with our support team. If you could provide me the recording, that would be super helpful.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I’m not sure why the video was deleted, but here’s a WeTransfer, not sure if that’ll work: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

I’m pretty sure this is a missing feature, but maybe I just haven’t found it yet.

Apparently WT doesn’t do video previews and since downloading a file is sketchy, here’s a Streamable link again, I hope this one doesn’t get deleted: Watch Bildschirmaufnahme 2024-03-18 um 15.05.29 | Streamable