Change colour of the dot sticker

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
I love the orange dot sticker. I dream of color-coding it. Please make it happen!

Overall, I love the new FigJam tool. Love it love it love it. Just make default stickers more editable.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
I just put a dot on the screen and desperately want to right-click it and pick from selection of different colours.

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Desktop app

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?

1 Like

It’s not always orange, it takes the color of you in multiplayer. So if you are orange, it will be orange, if you are green, it will be green (the color is automatically assigned to you). It’s meant to be used for voting and other team activities. Still a valid feature request though.

I too would benefit from the ability of changing the colour of the dot sticker. We personally vote on stuff by either the photo sticker, thumbs or the +1.
I’d like to use the dot sticker to mark things on the board so I see that this is good, this needs something more, and this is a blocker for example. Green colour just doesn’t work for all this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of interest, how on earth did that manage to pass any UX tests at Figma?

I’ve literally sent this to multiple people and non of them could figure out why the colour of the dot randomly changes.

I think you need to make this a lot clearer!

I’ve seen the dot sticker color change from brown to white, to blue on different loads of the same fig-jam file.

Is it supposed to be changing, randomly? I’d love to be able to control / select the color of each of these stamps, but what I’m seeing isn’t what I expect.

10 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing too. Mine start blue but suddenly just turned gray? I was thinking this may be intended behavior, like when you run out of dot votes or something, but I don’t see any explanation of it anywhere.

1 Like

Same here! I’ve just started using FigJam and noticed that the dot sticker color was constantly shuffling. I was setting up a voting exercise and wanted to keep the dots the same color… I guess you can’t.

1 Like

I’m missing that feature too, one of my workshop member got grey…such a sad/neutral colour to be on dot.
Please update

We’re doing a “note and vote” exercise and it would be considerably easier to see groups of dots if they were the same colour (like a heatmap). Please allow dot colour customisation.

6 Likes

The dot color just changed on me and I don’t know why. I’m the only one in this Figjam file. I was using orange stickies and the dots were green. Suddenly the dots are yellow. I did add a red sticky, so maybe that was it, but there’s no indication this was the reason and I can’t change it back. The dot stamp would be so helpful, but I can’t use it if the colors are going to be changing on me and others I’m collaborating with.

1 Like

I am the only person in my file (its unshared) and this is happening… I was trying to use the stamp as a stats as to whether i’d drafted screens in a flow… but clearly need ot come up w a diffo solution. Frustrating.

Found a workaround - duplicate FigJam file on your browser tab so there’s like 6 versions of you to get more colours. Hope this helps for now!

1 Like

It’s so sad that I can’t change the colour. I need to go through the work of creating a new circle in the colour I want, then copy-pasting it in all the places I want it in my file. I wish I could just stamp away like I did the circle with my initial. I have other people on my team, I need more stamps to tell them and their work appart!