Built-in video chat

Design reviews, ideation sessions for fully remote teams.
Right now we have to switch between the video calling app and Figma. It feels more natural to schedule a video call directly from Figma since we already have the real-time collaboration out of the box.

1 Like

Video/Audio chat in figma/figjam would be next level

1 Like

Oh no. As for me, it is more comfortable to use something like stork. ai/. It has more useful features

1 Like

Personally, I’ve found the audio-only approach to be refreshing (compared video chat being added to every tool).

Audio-only is a great way to help stay focussed on visual communication and the design task at hand.

It’s easy enough to run your normal video chat app alongside Figma (inc screen sharing if you want a more controlled presentation vs co-design), rather than have a dozen un-used video chat features (and their accompanying dev/maintenance costs) littered across all of your apps.

e.g. see Miro’s built-in video chat, vs embedding a Miro board into a Teams, Slack or Zoom call.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a great idea to build-in video chat. When I started for my client websites, I had faced a lot of technical failures when building video-based chat, And I have started looking for an alternative solution and came to know about Video API.

I ll share you the reference website may be that helps you out.

ContusMirrorFly
PubNub
CometChat

yeh that would be next level but I don’t see the value having a video chat in figma. I don’t need to see other’s faces when I’m designing. For fig jam, makes sense.

Hey guys,
If you’re looking for a good way to video chat while also using Figma check out knock-me.uk. It’s a video app that takes up hardly any screen space - you can see your fellow designer in a video panel on the side of the screen. Should be launching in Feb this year :partying_face:

I think what Figma really needs is something like screen-sharing, but without the video streaming. In other words, mirror the presenter’s screen to all the viewers by having the UI scroll, zoom, etc match what the presenter is doing.

This way everyone could see everything in full resolution, rather than a potentially blurry video stream.

Isn’t this just the Spotlight mode where you can ask/force everyone to follow your view?

1 Like

Apparently yes. I didn’t realize that feature existed. Thanks!

Yes that would be next level but I don’t see the value having a video chat in Figma. I don’t need to see other’s faces.

And, with a video calling API, programmers can build custom live video and audio chat experiences on any mobile device or web app. Usually, all video call APIs and SDKs come following WebRTC technology.

Here are some of the best live video calling APIs and SDKs are MirrorFly, Agora, Apphitect, Twilio, Getstream, Sinch, EnableX, etc… choose your provider today based on their features, pricing, and more.