Back button in Community search is broken

When you search for a topic in the community, you find a bunch of files.

All is good. Say you click on one to explore it. Here’s the problem: once you’re there, you’re stuck. There’s no way to go back to your original search and see all the results and maybe explore diferent files. Clicking the arrows at the top left gets you back to a new search.

I find it shocking that no one at figma has thought about this specific flow.

5 Likes

Yes, I was looking at a lot of plugins recently and it was very cumbersome. It’s not as bad if you use the browser version of Figma, since you can cmnd or ctrl click to open in a new tab, but then you have a lot of tabs.

1 Like

Faced with this as well. And it’s kind of irritating stuff.
Why the search becomes empty?
Why I can come back to the list of all results?

Proof: CleanShot 21-05 at 11.26 · CleanShot Cloud

1. In community - card detail, when i click back button, I can’t back the main pages ,it just tell me to search something

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

Please fix! It hasn’t been working for weeks and it’s becoming cumbersome to work with.

1 Like

I just found out that the bug has been fixed, but it was still there yesterday.

1 Like

not working for me yet!

1 Like

Yup, still broken for me. :frowning:

I search for plugins, then click on one, and when I click the back button the search is empty and I have to re-enter the search term again. Not sure if this is happening for everyone but I tried restarting Figma and it did the same thing. This makes it a huge pain to check out various plugins.

4 Likes

I’m having this exact same issue. It’s very tough when trying to compare plugins and community files.

1 Like

Hi,
Previewing a file from the search results is deleting the search words in the input. So in case, I want to go back to the search results I need to type it again. this is very uncomfortable.
please see the screen recording attached:

When you are searching for something in the Сommunity zone, and open any result file, and when you focus on the inner content of overview canvas, and when you want to return to the search results, and you click on the backward arrow, you get an empty results page

The issue is back in a different form: now when you search plugins and open one and go back, it throws you back to the files search. Or even if you enter a different search.

Everyone experiencing this, please report the issue to Figma support team via the bug report form.

Yeah the back button in the community section, once you click into an item and try to go back, doesn’t seem to work.

Hey @Jake_Rosanno, thank you for reaching out! I was not able to experience this issue on my end.

As our first troubleshooting step, can we try clearing the desktop app cache and see if that helps? Please follow these steps: Clear desktop app cache.
Can you try Force-quit the Figma desktop app, then restart it. Also can you confirm if your desktop app is running on:
macOS: macOS 11 or later
Windows: Windows 10 or later in a 64-bit environment

Let me know if that resolves the issue. Happy to look into this further.