Automatic Dev Mode access

After Jan 31 when Dev Mode is no longer free, will I be able to give devs access automatically when they request it, or will I have to manually allow every request? We post a prototype link and a Dev Mode link in our Jira stories, and since we have devs all around the globe, it would be nice if they could get access just by clicking a button instead of having to wait for me to approve their access. I know they’ll only need approval the first time, but it would still make for a smoother workflow.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out! At present, we don’t have a feature that allows developers to upgrade their accounts on their own. This decision was made with the intention of giving Admin more control over their team’s subscriptions and to manage the allocation of resources effectively.

However, we understand the importance of a seamless workflow for developers. To ensure minimal disruption, developers have the option to request a paid seat directly from the development mode. Once this request is made, they will be able to continue using the development mode uninterrupted for up to 14 days. This temporary access is designed to provide ample time for Admin to review and approve the requests, ensuring that essential users receive the access they need without any delay.

To initiate this process, developers simply need to click on the ‘Request’ button. We believe this system strikes a balance between Admin control and user flexibility, and we hope it meets your team’s needs effectively.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with this process, please feel free to reach out. We’re here to help!

Thanks,
Toku

1 Like

Hi @y_toku I am trying to request dev mode access per these instructions (Dev mode tab). When I toggle to Dev mode, I don’t see the banner at the top of the page to click “Get dev mode”. I think this was a green banner that I might’ve dismissed a few days ago. I tried logging into Figma in a seldom-used browser; still no banner.

Surely there must be an alternative way for my dev teammates and I to maintain dev mode access?

Given “This decision was made with the intention of giving Admin more control over their team’s subscriptions and to manage the allocation of resources effectively”, it’s puzzling that our Admin are unable to update permissions from their account.

Thanks.

1 Like

We’re having the same issue. I was waiting until tomorrow when the free license is expired to see if anything changes.