Admin/owner restrict authority to invite

All the problems mentioned in this thread are big issues for me as well as an organization administrator. Wish they would be addressed.

I agree it’s cumbersome but you don’t have to uncheck it per member, you have to uncheck it per file.

There are more files than members (10,000+ in our org I guess). Unchecking it one by one is not realistic, don’t even say I can’t uncheck some files even as an admin.

well, I never imagined such a number of files :sweat_smile: so I stand corrected

There’s seems to be zero movement on this issue and it really needs to be addressed, have Figma commented on this being looked into?

nope… :roll_eyes:

i’ve always had the feeling that if huge companies like Google and Microsoft are using Figma, they

a) don’t have a problem with budget
and/or
b) have their own (expensive) processes to ensure not everybody can edit everything
and/or
c) they have multiple organizations within their organization (which doesn’t really fix the issue

In any case, what’s more annoying about the silence from Figma regarding this topic, is that they don’t even want to share best practices or examples from other companies how to work around it. Probably because it would be like admitting the system is flawed.

In order to work with them, our customers require an ISO 27001 security standard for summary. So unfortunately I can’t push the Figma tool within our teams until a precise management of users and shares is possible.

(And also, not until Figma Token is natively integrated ^^)

All these issues mentioned in this thread are an issue for me too being the one that has volunteered to be the admin for our company, thinking it would not be too much work. Our user group is getting so large now that it is impossible to have control.

A new question that that arose today from a user was “how do I downgrade myself from editor to viewer-restricted?”. This is not possible as far as I know and it should be. If a user realizes they no longer need editor access, but still want viewer access they should be able to downgrade themselves or at least click on a button to ask an admin to do it for them.

Well people, it finally happened. All these missing features, administration bugs and wonky access controls have finally been fixed!

It’s just going to cost you an extra $30 per editor per month.

Welcome to Figma Enterprise :neutral_face:

1 Like

I just had my WTF! moment figuring this out as well, not the only one it seems. If this is true, and this is how they are going to play this, all goodwill will be out the window. Holy moly talking about being tone deaf.

P.s. although they are ignoring this (specifically created) feedback forum anyway, instead focussing on “the 32 quick wins we heard you ask for on Twitter”. Sigh….

Please comment, upvote, share, expand on this thread. I really don’t want to have to change tools again but this is unacceptable and literally why we left our last tool. If they are pay-walling basic access controls I will not have anything to do with their platform.

2 Likes

You know after all the kerfuffle regarding Enterprise and none of its features coming to Organization, it dawned on me that (AFAIK), even Entreprise seems to be missing one of the features that, when you think about it, would already bring this level of individual responsibility and consequent security that we’re all missing:

For every Figma member, show WHO invited them

You can now randomly find instances where the person who upgraded someone as editor is visible. And maybe some other examples. But not all.

Just show for every role change, including invitation as viewer, who was the initiator. At the very least, you can educate those “enablers” with whatever Figma access policies you have at your company.

Hope another design tool beat FIgma.

Again cleaned up multiple editors from our Figma org who had joined using gmail and whatnot for Figma their account and had instantly upgraded themselves to editors. Someone must have had invited them so I guess they were not totally outsiders but it’s getting really painful to manage the Figma users and this security loophole is frightening.

I do understand that there’s need for the Enterprise tier but it should be justified by feature set (i.e. workspace). Security cannot be part of that, it just needs to be present at all Figma plans.

3 Likes

EDIT: Apparently this change has been reversed: https://twitter.com/manosaie/status/1585155240872931328

Hey everybody, good news! /s

You were wishing to get more control over permissions in order to make admin’s tasks easier and have more control of editors? Best $Adobe can do is less control:

Figma last week pushed an unnanounced update where people can request to join Teams ONLY WITH EDIT RIGHTS, by default. They even removed the text field where people can write a reason to request access.

I repeat: every time a user request access to a Team, instead of having the option to request view and edit access, it will be sent with edit access, even if they don’t need to edit anything. Try it yourself, click “request access” in any team you’re not in.

Here’s the official statement from support after we contacted them thinking this was a bug (so naive of us!)

EDIT: Apparently this change has been reversed: https://twitter.com/manosaie/status/1585155240872931328

We have just upgraded to Enterprise and if anyone is curious, this requested feature is still NOT available.

@_Hal illustrated it perfectly:

I could swear I saw somewhere that Enterprise would allow to restrict who can invite others, but it’s still not available. Unbelievable for more than $70 per month per editor.