Request better permission control for organization admin

Hi Figma friends, I’m a big fan of Figma and one of community advocates. Our company is using Figma Organization but there’re some issues confused me. Just throw it below and hope we can discuss it.

Figma is great, the only thing that makes me feel bad is permission control for admin. Although collaboration is the gene of Figma and we should reduce resistance for collaboration anywhere, but those issues of permission control have been making me frustrated as members scaling.

The issues include:

• Unintended new editors emerge every day.
    We have limited budget so we have to control number of editors and some editors’ permissions are not necessary (Like developers)
  • Unintended guests emerge every day.
    Every one can invite guest into an organization, even the guest. More and more guests get into our organization, which will cause some safety problems.
  • They created empty teams.
    Everyone can create a team. Some people created some teams and then abandoned those teams, which makes it hard to find a specific team for members.

As an admin of our organization I have to remove their permissions or remind them one by one. This work wasted too many time for me. So I’m here, request some features for finer-grained permission control for organization admin.

Below is my concept design for this feature:

Also, can we have the feature to disable a viewer self-upgrade themselves as an editor? Or approval action needed?

This is a concept from my experience but more considerations and details need to be included, but I hope Figma can put it in a high priority.

Thanks.

4 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Admin/owner restrict authority to invite

19 votes have been moved. 9 votes could not be moved because their users already voted in the other topic.