Vectors displaying incorrect opacity value

Hey forum! Facu from Argentina here!

I’ve been working with Figma for a couple of months now and it’s been an amazing journey. In the process of migrating our design system from Sketch to Figma we found a weird issue with some of our icons:

Inside every icon frame we have a single vector shape with outlined strokes. Everything works fine except for just a couple of icons that do not display the correct opacity value. If I use a 50% opacity, it looks like it’s actually 75% (more or less). 100% opacity colors work just fine.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong in here?

Check the opacity of the components as well, not just the vectors inside. Also note that layer opacity is not fill opacity and they can be set separately to change the opacity further. There are a lot of factors, feel free to share the file here if you don’t find what exactly is affecting it.

Hey Gleb! Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I think I checked pretty much everything. I’m just applying a Fill with 50% opacity to the vector inside the frame. Every other opacity modifier is on 100%.

Here is a file to check it out :slight_smile: thanks a lot!

Was this component imported initially from sketch?

Yes it was! The entire icon library was imported, but only some of them got this issue. Have this ever happened to you?

Thanks for sharing the file. A few of us were able to dive into it and figure out what’s happening. So you actually have two vectors perfectly aligned on top of each other which is why you see the darker opacity (75%). This can happen if you duplicate a shape and then flatten the selection, which is something we’ll look into fixing. For an immediate fix if you go into the vector edit mode (return) and then use the paint bucket tool (B) you can remove and then re-add the fill. This should then show the proper color.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, Josh! That was definitely it, it worked right away.

1 Like