Tracking Views or Usage of My Prototypes

Hi, my organization nees the ability to track the usage of one or several prototypes and to be able to measure the accessibility and overal use, some kind of detailed analytics. We need to be able to see visitors per prototype and a history, date/time, visitor or guest, total number of visits etc. I know Invision had this feature Analitycs Dashboard were you could track all this. I’ m wondering if something similar is availabe in Figma. Maybe is already available somewhere, if yes, can you give me some hints on how to get there? Maybe a plug in available?

Thank you

9 Likes

Try Preely.

They have a plugin on Figma. You can export the prototype to Preely and test it over there!

2 Likes

+1 to this! It would reduce the need for more (expensive) tools in our workflow, and would make user testing a breeze. It’s also important for us to keep prototypes secure (no plugins) for confidentiality reasons so having analytics inside Figma would be amazing.

1 Like

+1 :broken_heart:

Wondering if it would be technically possible to do click tracking in a Figma prototype. Our use case is a sort of card sorting exercise where we are using interactive components to turn on or off a checkbox, but we have to manually observe the user to get data. Ideally we could add some sort of simple tracking and collect data that way, but I didn’t see anything, which makes me guess its not technically feasible.

+1 I would love to see at least some basic stats like how many people viewed the prototype maybe if possible where they clicked, scroll depth, etc… that would be amazing.
I wouldn’t go overboard as there are other integrations like Maze for example but still would be really cool to have everything in one experience.

3 Likes

Analytics will be quite helpful and please release not only for organization plans but also for pro users like me.

1 Like

I too would love this feature – in my case I work for an agency and would like to gauge how much the client I send prototypes to actually bother with clicking it through.

A simple view count to begin with would suffice.

More details like which actual screens they viewed and where they clicked would be nice to have, but not a must have.

2 Likes

+1. Great idea.

Yes please, great idea!

+1 it would really make prototype embeds much more useful. Hope Figma will develop this.

+1 need this asap

Would very useful. Products like Walnut.io have analytics built in and ability to edit CSS. Webflow.io I expect you could code in Heap or Google. Maybe with code version of Figma dev or UX could embed analytics 3rd party to existing accounts?

It is embarrassing. I have to ask clients “Are you viewing it now? Tell me what screen you’re on now so I can tell you about it” :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This feature would be awesome!!