Skip to main content
Helge_Wadewitz
New Participant
June 13, 2022

SOLVED - Preserve Scroll Position (please roll back the feature)

  • June 13, 2022
  • 215 replies
  • 24993 views

Hey, i face a bug since there has been an update on the preserve scroll position behavior yesterday. By now the former preserve scroll position, which i had to set manually before is now set as default. So i don’t need to tick the box anymore.

But, in my protoype, although i expect now that the scroll position is preserved by default, it is not working correctly. From screen to screen my prototype is jumping to the top. I need to ship my proto today to the client and this is super annoying.

Anyone faces the same issue since yesterday? @Figma_Support can you roll back the feature? 🙏

215 replies

Anna_Janiak
June 13, 2022

Hello,
I have to many lines in my Prototype (over 200?). How can I check “Preserve scroll position” in one click in every line in my prototype? Its annoying to click every one ☹

Thanks,
Ania

ntfromchicago
New Participant
June 13, 2022

My gut says to select all the lines, put them in a group or frame, and then click “Preserve scroll position” on that group or frame.

Anna_Janiak
June 14, 2022

But there is impossible to select all. You can select only one… 😦

May 25, 2023

After the recent state management update, I have noticed an issue. Whenever I perform ‘navigate to’ interaction to another page, the scrolling position is always reset, even though the “reset scrolling position” option is unchecked. However, in the older version where it was still “preserve scroll position,” the interaction worked perfectly fine. Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Helge_Wadewitz
New Participant
May 25, 2023

Helge_Wadewitz
New Participant
May 25, 2023

I have the same issue.


Figma updated the feature today, but i think that there might be a bug, my scroll position is never preserved now, also not by default.

May 25, 2023

I have exactly the same issue… which kind of “ruined” my prototype. Anyone can help?

May 25, 2023

i found the problem, the top level frame name should be identical with the target frame, otherwhise the preserve scroll won’t work

Helge_Wadewitz
New Participant
May 25, 2023

This solved it! 🙏

Helge_Wadewitz
New Participant
May 25, 2023

“the top level frame name should be identical with the target frame, otherwhise the preserve scroll won’t work.” This works to me