Seeing Red Distance-Measurements Between Objects WHILE Dragging

Please please tell me there is a way to always see the red distance-between-objects-measurement while I’m dragging them around.

Square #1 and square #2
When I click on square #2 and drag it around, I see the wonderful red guidelines showing me the their edges are lined up, and, if I only had one wish in life, I would wish for the ability to also see the red distances between Figma objects WHILE I’m dragging them around. Yes, I know about the trick of selecting an object, hovering over to the other object and hitting Option and having the distance between pop up. That trick doesn’t solve the problem of us users being able to drag-n-drop objects next to each other at a desired exact measurement the FIRst time. If I want square #2 to be 364 pixels away from square #1, while I’m dragging square #2, I want to see the red numbers getting closer and closer to 364 and drop it down when it hits that number, not
guessing & checking,
guessing & checking,
guessing & checking.

Okay, you get it. Sorry for beating a dead horse. Sometimes I get responses that show me the person who read my question has no clue what I’m talking about, OR thinks I’m talking about something else.

I have a fantasy of dragging square #2 and simultaneously holding down “D” (for “distance”) and having that cute little red number grace me with its presence.

Tell me I don’t have to continue fantasizing or use up my only wish. Tell me there’s already an existing trick.
:cat2:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Showing distance to objects while dragging