Local Variable Disappearing Bug

I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has encountered a bug with local variables in Figma. I’ve created local variables (color, text, etc.), but after applying them to components and assets, they sometimes vanish and become detached after a while.

This can be frustrating and disrupt the workflow.

• Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Are there any known workarounds or temporary fixes?
  • Could it be related to a specific Figma version?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and any insights!

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds strange. We hope to understand properly what you’re experiencing, so would you mind elaborating a bit more on what you mean by “vanish” and “become attached”?

Are you noticing that the colors from the Fill component have disappeared? Or perhaps the color in the variable settings has vanished? If you can, a screen recording of this behavior would be really helpful.

Thanks!
Toku

I’ve experienced kind of the same issue. Some of the local variables are missing from text style editor, see the attached screenshot. Something is apparently changing its scoping settings.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m struggling to replicate this issue. Does it happen suddenly or happen for a long time? Is this happening only for you or for other editors too? Is it both on Figma app and browser?

Could you try the troubleshooting below?

• Close any Figma tabs you’re not using
  • Browser : Force-quit and open Figma in a new browser window.
  • Desktop App: Force-quit the Figma Desktop app and restart it. If the issue persists, try clearing the cache.

If the issue still continues, Could you submit a bug report detailing the steps that led to this issue? You can do so by following the link:

Thanks,
Toku