Keyboard Shortcuts Tip for Figma - Try Keyboard Maestro

We all use multiple applications, and likely multiple design applications alongside Figma. Some of us are migrating from other design apps, such as Sketch, XD or Keynote even.

I use an app call Keyboard Maestro to create keyboard shortcuts for all of my design apps in a way that pressing the shortcut does the same thing in every app.

For example, when I press CMD (⌘) + SHIFT + ->, the objects that I have selected align to the right edge in Figma, Sketch, XD, Affinity Designer, Keynote or PowerPoint. This way, when I move from one app to the other, all of the functions behave the same in every app.

Keyboard Maestro syncs these shortcuts across all of the machines I work on, and Keyboard Maestro does A WHOLE LOTE MORE than just this. It is worth the cost, but does have a slight learning curve because it can automate just about anything you can think of.

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6265/keyboard-maestro

1 Like

As an alternative, you can use Better Touch Tool. I use it and it’s great! It also allows you to add custom touchbar actions, mouse/trackpad gestures and more. And it’s pretty intuitive.

1 Like

I find the challenge to be with using Figma in the browser. How do I use the normal, assigned Figma keyboard shortcuts, since keyboard actions are tied to the app (Chrome, for instance) and not the web app in the browser (Figma, for instance)?