How do I make my scroll bar stay in place?

Hello,
I’ve been trying to make a simple scrollable frame that includes a scroll bar.

My problem is when I stop dragging the bar it snaps to either the first or last frame position (rather than remain in place).

I’ve rebuilt it a few times and dug around on here but I feel I must be missing something obvious. Can anyone help please?

Protoype link:

Figma File:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I think there are some helpful third-party tutorial on YouTube like this one:

I hope you’ll make it, but please let us know if you have further questions!

Thanks,
Toku

Thank you Toku.

I’ve followed this video and rebuilt my test scroll bar (see ‘2nd Try’ in the Figma file).
Here’s the latest prototype:

I am pretty confident that this replicates what Product Sensei has done. Here I am able to scroll the bar and list. If I scroll to the bottom, and release drag, the bar and list will stay there.

My problem is: If I release the bar around half way it will snap to either the first or final frame position.

Is it possible to make a scroll bar that does not snap like this? What I want is to release drag and the scroll bar and list to retain their position.

Thank you

Hey there,

I think you’ll need more frames to have more stopping points while scrolling. I’ve put together a quick example for you below:

This isn’t the smoothest, but it should help illustrate my point. By creating more frames, you’ll have more places where the scrollbar pauses.

I hope you will be able to make it!

Thanks,
Toku

Thank you Toku, I was thinking this but was worried I was missing a better way. Knowing this is your recommendation I feel ok about doing it this way now. Thank you for your help.

1 Like