I cannot get into my Figma Desktop app on my HP Computer, it keeps saying: “Figma desktop app is out of Date!” but when I click on the link nothing happens. And when I click the drop-down arrow on the right for checking for updates nothing happens either. it is frustrating and I need to get work done. I cannot find a solution just others having the same issue. I NEED A SOLUTION PLEASE
Thanks for reaching out. Could you please try to delete cache?
When you can get into Figma app, you can manually clear your cache as the following steps:
- Close the Figma desktop app
- Open the Start menu, and paste in this, followed by enter: %APPDATA%\Figma
- In the window that opens, delete the Desktop and DesktopProfile folders if they exist
- Launch the desktop app again
If it doesn’t work, could you download the latest app and to open Figma app?
I hope it will work but if the problem persists, please feel free to let us know.
How abut Mac?
If you’re using the Figma desktop app on Mac and need to clear the cache, you can do so easily through the Help menu. Just go to Troubleshooting in the Help menu. Alternatively, if you prefer a manual approach:
- Quit the Figma desktop app
- Open Terminal.app and enter the following command: rm -rf “$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma”
- Try opening the desktop app again
I hope it helps!
Its not working man, help D:
If it doesn’t help, could you please reach out to our support team? They can dive into deeper. You can file a case from here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Hey, did you manage to find a solution for this problem? I’m having the same issue, and Terminal command, doesn’t seem to help.