Custom pen SF SYMBOL icon is filled with one solid color no details inside

Hi there, I need help, I try to create CUSTOM SF Symbol in Figma using SF Variable Template.
After importing my custom symbol to SF symbol custom folder, icon looks filled with one solid color.
Do you have idea what I’m doing wrong? Or do you know some better tool or workflow? thanks

Using SF Symbol template Variable, made 3-Small: Ultralight, Regulas, Black icon, Regular scale up and down to make other, no vertex count changes. Naming and guides are the same as in template.

Hi!
I might have some kind of workaround for that (but I don’t think that this is the right way to do it).

Basically you need to duplicate the layer directly in SF symbols by clicking on the “+” button at the bottom left corner of the rendering menu.
This will create a new layer with the same icon. After that, select all the elements that should be transparent, choose “erase”, and then drag this layer above all your other layers.

In your case, duplicate the layer using the plus button. On the top layer, select “Subpath 2” and choose “erase” from the drop-down menu. On the bottom layer, select “Subpath 1” and choose “draw” from the drop-down menu.

As I’ve said, this doesn’t feel right and I’m pretty sure there is a cleaner way to do it, but this seems to work for me. :upside_down_face: