Ability to change the guides colours

Hello there,

I am currently having issues viewing the guides on my design when the brand colour is pretty much the same as the guides. Take a look at the screenshot.

A suggestion for the guides colour:

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    Guidelines have low visibility near similarly colored objects

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
    Previously requested here but was closed for some reason: Ability to change the guides colours

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

Hey @Joey_Figaro - just FYI, I merged your new topic with the older one. The reason it was automatically closed was because it had gone over 30 days with no new votes/activity/requests/etc. I went ahead and reopened it for you.

1 Like

Hi, this would really great idea, infact we should have the capability to manage Guide at Global level (i.e. for all guides in a project) or for an individual guide too.

This would make life much more easier by choosing contrasting colors for guides

3 Likes

Hi, this would really great idea, infact we should have the capability to manage Guide at Global level (i.e. for all guides in a project) or for an individual guide too.

This would make life much more easier by choosing contrasting colors for guides

2 Likes

Has this been implemented? I’m running into the same issue where the red guideline is blending with my design and it’s really hard to see it.

Thanks

3 Likes

not sure, same issue here, red on red !

I would also add a way to select multiple guides or remove all of them (Clear guides Illustrator). It is annoying by pulling one after another one to the ruler.

Oh come on, Figma! How hard could it be to implement colour override?

2 Likes

I really want this!

1 Like

Yes please, my brand colour is identical to the guide so it’s physically impossible to see it - have to snap and hope for the best!

Please add this feature, it will make life much easier for plenty of people!

I run in to this problem everyday. I work with brands who have red as their main colour and it’s has slowed down my work significantly. I would love an option that allows me to change the colour, depending on what file I’m in.

1 Like

Adobe Hello. When they come, don’t expect to be heard.

1 Like

same issue here…

I’ve just run into this problem and it’s quite frustrating. I’m switching over from Photoshop and Sketch and Guides are an important part of my workflow especially both during the design process and also when I’m developing my designs.

@ksn what is the threshold of votes required to gain the attention and become a priority for the Figma dev team?

2 Likes

This should be a low-hanging fruit. But it only increases user satisfaction, not revenue, so…