Zoom mode in editor sometimes does not go away automatically

In editor/canvas, hold Z to activate Zoom mode, do your zooming (eg. draw a rectangle of a part of the canvas you want to zoom into), then release Z to exit Zoom mode.

Sometimes it does not exit and you’re stuck with the magnifier mouse pointer. Even pressing V (Move mode) does not work and you have to go to the menu at the top and force the Move mode there (although the menu says it’s already in Move mode).

Any clue anyone? It’s not consistent as far as I understand…

Note that my Keep tool selected after use setting is off.

2 Likes

Hey @Fabrice,

This sounds like a bug. You can submit a bug report to our support team directly via the form here:
https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001744374

Have you tried pressing Z again? I think that’s how I solve it. Also I think you are not supposed to hold it, it works like a toggle, like the Scale tool for example. But I could be wrong, can’t test now.

Thanks, but if I don’t hold it it just does not hold at all (reverts as soon as I release). Will try to press Z again when it happens next time…

Bug reported (done) @dvaliao

1 Like

Indeed it just happened again, and pressing Z again solve the pb. However 99% of the time I don’t need to press Z again. Just releasing Z after holding it removes the zoom mode. So for some reason it’s sometimes stuck. Thanks for the workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.