What Figma features are in beta? 🚧

Figma has a number of features under development that are available to users in beta. In this article, find out which beta features are available, what they are, their beta types, and how to access each one.

Beta types refer to the level of access. These include:

• Beta / Open beta: All Figma users can join the beta
  • Closed beta: Only users who receive an invite can join the beta
  • Limited beta: The beta is available to all Figma users, but is limited to a certain number of beta users

Figma Slides open beta

Figma Slides is the first presentation tool built for designers and their teammates. Figma Slides pairs the power and precision of Figma Design with easy-to-use presentation tools to bring your narrative to life and drive alignment.

Learn more about Figma Slides →

AI tools in Figma Design limited beta

With Figma AI, unblock your creativity. Get started faster, find what you’re looking for, and stay in the flow. Use AI tools in Figma Design to:

Learn about Figma’s approach to AI →

UI3: Figma, redesigned limited beta

Figma has grown more complex over time, and UI3 is an effort to simplify your design experience. Our intent is to make Figma Design feel more focused for designers and more approachable for a broad range of people. We’re also creating a consistent foundation for our existing products—and products yet to come.

Learn more about Figma’s redesign →

:construction: Starting on June 26th, 2024, you can sign up for a waitlist to access the Figma AI and the redesigned Figma limited beta. The waitlist can be joined in the product through the Everything we launched at Config 2024 modal, using the in-product help menu, or using quick actions.

Join the waitlist

To join the waitlist:

1. Log in to Figma.
  2. On the Everything we launched at Config 2024 modal, click Click to learn more under Meet Figma AI, plus a new UI.
  3. Click Join Waitlist.

Alternatively:

1. Log in to Figma.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, click and select Join UI3 + AI waitlist.

or

Use the keyboard shortcut to access the quick action bar, and then search for Join UI3 + AI waitlist:

• Mac: ⌘ Command / or ⌘ Command P
  • Windows: Control + / or Control + P

AI tools in FigJam open beta

AI tools let you leverage the knowledge of large language models to help speed up your work and explore your creativity in FigJam.

Use AI tools in FigJam to:

• Generate boards and diagrams: save time preparing and building boards for any team exercise or meeting.
  • Sort and summarize stickies: FigJam is the perfect place for hosting collaborative exercises like brainstorms, design critiques, and retrospectives. Afterwards, sort and summarize what happened during the meeting and create clear action items using AI.
  • Jambot: a FigJam widget that adds a visual version of ChatGPT to your board. Jambot helps you summarize stickies from a meeting, brainstorm ideas, rewrite text in new styles, and more.

Desktop app open beta

Figma has a beta version of the desktop app available.

By using the beta version of the app, you’re helping Figma test bug fixes and performance improvements, before we release them to the general public. The beta version does not give you access to features Figma hasn’t released yet.

You can install and use the Figma desktop app and the beta version at the same time. Both versions of the desktop app will offer the same core features and functionality.

Learn how to download the beta version of the desktop app →

Library Analytics API beta

The Library Analytics API, part of the Figma REST API, lets you fetch analytics data about how your organization’s design system libraries are being used.

The API provides similar information to the in-product library analytics feature, but in a format that you can use to do more fine-grained, custom analysis. For more information about the Library Analytics API, check out the Figma REST API documentation →

More info on everything above here:

4 Likes

Damn man, Figma Slides needs a lot of work… I tried using it. It’s literally easier to design a presentation in Figma.

2 Likes

Is there a list of features that are out of beta after the config 2024?

1 Like

I can’t see where to sign up for beta testing. There is a little run through on here but none of the options are visible to me. Would very much like to test them out.

I might not speak for everyone, but I think introducing AI to Figma really really sucks. I think it’s an affront to your users. It’s race to the bottom stuff that serves only to diminish the value of our work.

I’m on the look out for a replacement now.

1 Like

Hey @Simon31, here’s the instructions on how to join the Waitlist again:

Hi @dvaliao, I saw the popup about config and clicked through and read/watched whats to come. I didn’t see anything to do with joining a waitlist. When I log in now the popup isn’t there.

Also the other options don’t show my end and the shortcut keys don’t work either.

UPDATE: It turns out there is a “?” at the bottom right of the screen which has this nested in. You may want to point that out to people as I think that’s where we are getting confused.

1 Like

Thank you. This detail is important

1 Like

Hi please I need support!!, I wrote to your contact forms but nobody answer me! Please is urgent. I hope you can help me.

If you can do presentations via the regular Figma (Design) features, it makes you wonder what they’re going to strip from regular Figma to make Slides a viable purchase, eh?

1 Like

Damn, I have do noting but i am in this sucks beta version. i am a developer and the new version makes me can’t operate as usual, pls get me out of the test version. my email is arthur@niubi.im

I have already joined the waitlist, but the AI features have not appeared in my Figma account.