The Figma Mobile app shows large images very blurrily

For example, I took a screenshot on my phone and imported it into Figma. This screenshot can be clearly displayed in the Figma App for Mac, as well as on other Macs. It can be ruled out as a network problem.
But when I saw it in the Figma Mobile App, it was very blurry. It’s pretty fuzzy both in Prototype and Mirror.

So I tried to find the cause of the problem, and I found it through a series of experiments. When the long edge of the image is less than 1024px, the image will be clear. But when the size is larger than 1024px, the image becomes more blurry than the smaller image.
Maybe Figma made a size limit? Above this threshold, low-quality images will be displayed.

Although I write it in the Mobile Apps category, there may be an issue with the server. Because my iPhone uses the latest App, but Android phones have been using the old version of App, but they both have this problem.

5 Likes

I have the exact same issue. The image looks fine in the Figma desktop app and desktop browser. When I view it in Figma mobile app, it becomes blurry. Does anyone have a resolution to this?

3 Likes

I am having the same issue too, both in mirror and prototype :pensive:
I was using a very large image that I cropped directly into Figma. By directly importing the part of the image that interested me (a smaller file, width 1024px), it is a little better but still not completely clear :thinking:

3 Likes

I am having exact the same - but only since a week or two, and nothing helps.
Looking good in a web browser and Figma - but in my mobile all is pixled.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m having the same problem, and my solution is to pretty much keep restarting figma. The images will slowly cache in and load all of the pixelated images.

What I did is pretty much open figma in my prototype, load everything, double check what hasnt loaded yet and close the app, and do it again until everything is loaded.

I know it’s not practical, but thats my alternate solution for now

1 Like

I am having the same issue, when trying to preview my app in my phone it only displays a very blurry image

1 Like

Same issue here. I suspected Figma only ‘sends’ a preview image if the image file size is too large. I’ve found making the asset a jpg instead of a png helps, but not always. I have a 1700x1100 JPG right now refusing to go across full resolution, which seems very small.

2 Likes

Have the exact same issue. Looks great on desktop and mobile Figma App, previewing in Figma Mirror makes the image blurred/pixelated

1 Like

Having the same issue but only with PNGs, the same image but in Jpeg renders correctly

3 Likes

I have the same issue
Android - Google Pixel 4

Same issue here. It is super annoying

Same here :frowning_face:

Same problem here

same problem. I see the issue has been around since Feb…

Same issue…

same problem - Figma Mirror App - iPhone 13 Pro

Same problem. @Figma please fix this bug

This solved my problem. I took a screenshot on my iPad, loaded it into Figma no problem at all. Viewed the same screenshot on Figma Mirror on the iPad, blurred and pixelated. So I saved the screenshot in Figma but as a Jpg, loaded it back in and tested it again on the iPad and all fine. So maybe PNG is the issue. But thanks @Alexey_Ivanovsky for the find, life saver :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had the same annoying problem and solved it by using Insert Big Image plugin.

2 Likes

I had a problem with Figma mirror on the iPad. I tried the plugin mentioned above but it didn’t work. The solution I found to be working is to:

1. Export the image in PDF,
  2. Convert PDF to PNG (after this the image was still blurry and pixelated),
  3. Convert PNG to JPG.

After this final step, the image got better quality.

1 Like