Sharing file via a link is not allowing user to open the file

Hello,
I am trying to share a file, but when they try to open it, it gives the error, “Either this file doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to view it. Ask the file owner to verify the link and/or update permissions.”

On my end, I have permissions set so that “anyone with the link can view”. I have tried sharing the link by pressing “copy link”, copying the url, duplicating the file and sharing that one, moving the file to the project folder from drafts, trying on desktop and web, and nothing works.

I am able to share the link to the prototype, and can invite users by their email, but would like to find a way to only have to share the link and not invite them via email. I have been able to do this before and not sure why it is not working.

This definitely sounds like a bug, you can report it to Figma support team via the bug report form.

1 Like

I’m having this same issue and it’s rather annoying. It may even prevent me from using Figma.

Did this get resolved as I’m a new Figma user and having the same issue?

I just had this issue, and I toggled it back to “only people who are invited” and then back to “anyone with the link” and it started to work.

EDIT: It’s an issue with the “can view prototypes only” setting. If set to “Can view” it works, but obviously not a great experience if you are trying to share a prototype to non-Figma users.