Prototypes don't work on iPads

I’m building a very simple prototype to run a tiny user test. The prototype has 1 single flow, 1 page with a scrolling effect, and the rest of the pages use “on click” > “navigate to” > “artboard X” with a basic “instant” animation.

The prototype works perfectly fine on mobile and desktop, but on iPad (both via the Figma app and via a browser such as Safari, Mozilla, and Duckduckgo) everything is broken.

  1. I have a vertical scrolling container with 4 cards inside. Each card links to a different page. If I touch the screen to scroll, but my finger touches one of the cards, I’m automatically redirected to the card’s link. So, it looks like 2 interactions cannot happen on the same area of the screen. This doesn’t happen on desktop and mobile.

  2. Any other elements outside the scrolling frame (within the same artboard) lose their interactions. I have set a simple top right button that I keep on clicking, but it simply doesn’t work. I’ve realized this is because, as I said before, different interactions on the same screen are super conflicting, but if I, for instance, place the button where the scrolling area lives, then it seems it works.

  3. I tried using smart animate, but the animations are a no-go on iPad. It doesn’t matter how I interact with the screen, the overlay won’t open.

  4. There are elements that are simply impossible to predict, I created top tab navigation and each tab is clickable except for one. I have revised a thousand times that all the connections are correct, that I do not have other interactions happening on the same screen, and I have also re-done the entire prototype from scratch. It still doesn’t work… and it’s just a “click here and take me there instantly” move. The app is very unpredictable.

I’ve used two different iPads: iPadOS15.4.1 and iPadOS12. Both operating systems and devices give me the exact same bugs. I’d be happy to do a demo with a team member from Figma so you can see how I set up my file, and how buggy it all is on these devices. I hope there’s a fix for this. Thank you.