Need help with text styles and color styles (sketch user)

Hi all,
I am a Sketch user and having to learn Figma. When I designed in Sketch I wold make for the typography text styles black aligning left/center/right. Then another group in blue left/center/right.

I notice Figma doesn’t do this. How do I approach this? Do I just ignore the multiple alignments? Any directions or best practice would help. Same with the color regarding text styles. Trying to find tutorials on best approach.

In sketch I would a number of colors as color styles/layer styles. Then I could apply those colors to buttons etc in sketch.

Feeling confused.

Hi! Text styles in Figma do not have a specific alignment and color applied, meaning someone could use a Header type style and adjust the color and alignment to whatever they want without detaching. The nice part of this is that it allows for more flexibility, but I can also understand your want for having alignment and colored tied to your type styles. Some approaches you can take to help clarify to designers which alignment/color to use is:

1. Name your colors in a way to show which type style to use it with. If there’s a shade of dark gray you use for Body text, name that color “Body text”
  2. Use style descriptions to communicate what color and alignment should be used.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.