LAUNCHED: Voting Functionality

Just having a quick test of FigJam. Looks pretty useful. My initial thoughts are that It could potentially replace Miro for our Virtual Workshops.

We keep things simple with Post its and text generally so FigJam could easily cover this. However, it would be really useful to have a specific vote function.

I understand that you could use dot voting, or use emojis. But something more tailored to an actual vote could mean us not having to use Miro going forward!!

9 Likes

I second this. We use voting a lot, and in workshops with people from different levels of the organization, we’d like to keep it anonymous, to prevent senior leaders’ votes from affecting others’.

3 Likes

Mural is the gold standard for voting functionality. Votes sessions are anonymous and can be timed-boxed, you can give each user a certain number of votes, and the voting results can be counted automatically, sorted by number of votes received, and hidden/referenced later. Super useful for more complex workshops (e.g. a design sprint). I’d love to see FigJam copy any of these features.

6 Likes

It would be great to allow viewers to vote on the board in addition to dropping comments. For example, my PM doesn’t have edit access but would love to gather feedback about the direction or priority of elements in the file without allowign them to make changes.

3 Likes

+1 we also want to keep it anonymous and hide the votes while people are voting so that they don’t get affected by other people’s votes.

4 Likes

Our team is really looking for a feature where the team doesn’t see the voting results until the reveal. Currently the thumb-ups/likes/hearts really sway people in voting.

2 Likes

Anonymous voting for sure!!!

2 Likes

Yes, we need this as well before we would be able to switch to Figma completely.

1 Like

My team could use this as well!

I am missing a voting funtion as e.g. dote voting from design sprints.
A limited amounts of stamps for each user they can place as they want, within a specific time limit

It’s the only thing stopping us from switching from Miro! Please implement anonymous voting :pray:t4:

1 Like

Hey all!
FigJam currently has voting widgets (and with anonymous voting option) that you can use in your files.

Some of them:

1 Like

Thank you! We’ve tried these out but they’re just not as powerful as with Miro. With Miro, I can open voting sessions without having to move all the sticky notes nor manually add the voting object to each note. It hides all the mice on the screen so it’s true anonymous voting, and I can limit votes with it. It’s also a lot faster when we deal with several sticky notes at a time.

Would really love if you had something like this in the pipeline!

6 Likes

This plugins are good, but read-only users can’t vote

Thanks for opening the convo about the existing widgets. They might work for some cases but have some critical downfalls. One is that they don’t work well for larger amounts of stickies (lag a lot). But more critically even is that they fundamentally don’t work in a convenient way: ‘Simple Vote’ requires me to manually show the score for every sticky. ‘Voting Sessions’ does voting in it’s own interface, rather than allowing you to vote directly on the in-place stickies. Overall, I really agree with the folks who have suggested to make it work just like in Mural - if the devs can do that, honestly, it will make FigJam become a viable alternative to Mural/Miro for my company.

1 Like

Hey All,

:ballot_box: Voting in FigJam has been launched! :tada:

Narrow down options to speed up decision making by allowing everyone in a file to anonymously vote on a set prompt.

Figjam is a perfect place for workshops and it would be super nice to have a silent voting functionality