Skip to main content
Saro
October 26, 2023
Solved

Individual border radius not working sometimes

  • October 26, 2023
  • 8 replies
  • 6703 views

Really annoying inconsistency I often run into is that sometimes a path does not allow for individual border radius’. What causes this issue and how to fix it?

This topic has been closed for replies.
Best answer by Gleb

You can do that: when the vector is selected, press Enter and select the corners you want to change — you can adjust them in the right panel.

8 replies

uipastel
New Member
October 26, 2023

You can click “k” and resize the design, i don’t understand about your problem about that

tank666
October 26, 2023
UX/UI designer. Figma expert. Creator and developer of plugins and widgets for Figma and FigJam. Check out my resources in Figma Community: figma.com/@tank
Saro
SaroAuthor
October 26, 2023

I was suspecting that some kind of ‘flattening’ had happened to the ‘rectangle’. But for the end-user, this shouldn’t really matter. If a shape has 4 corners, it should be able to have a radius.

This feels like a bug or at least highly unpolished code. Is there an easy fix, other than re-drawing the shape with the rectangle tool?

tank666
October 26, 2023

Rectangle and Vector are different objects in Figma, so they may have different properties. I don’t see any bug here, but it would be great if the object type was specified somewhere in the interface.

If you specifically need the Rectangle object, then it can only be obtained by re-creating/undoing actions/restoring the file from the version history. You can also look for plugins in the Figma Community, if there are any.

UX/UI designer. Figma expert. Creator and developer of plugins and widgets for Figma and FigJam. Check out my resources in Figma Community: figma.com/@tank
Gleb
Power Member
October 26, 2023

I agree it would be nice to adjust corners of all 4-corner shapes, not only rectangles. But alas, this is how Figma works.

Saro
SaroAuthor
October 26, 2023

I don’t see any bug here, but it would be great if the object type was specified somewhere in the interface.

If there is no way for the user to see the difference anywhere, but it has implications on the features, that’s what I’d call a (UX) bug in my book, regardless if it was intentional or not.

I agree it would be nice to adjust corners of all 4-corner shapes, not only rectangles. But alas, this is how Figma works.

@Gleb , That would be nice indeed, even better if you could adjust the radius of any corner.

Gleb
GlebSolution
Power Member
October 26, 2023

You can do that: when the vector is selected, press Enter and select the corners you want to change — you can adjust them in the right panel.

Saro
SaroAuthor
October 26, 2023

Ah, thats great, didn’t know that! So all Figma would have to do is also show the radius anchor on those corners, and most of the confusion would be gone.

This is often a quicker solution than redrawing the rectangle inside a complex component. Thanks a lot, I will mark this as solution.