I can't open figma file that are saved on my desktop?

How do I open Figma files that I’ve downloaded and saved on my desktop? I am a Mac user and somehow when I double-click on the saved files, they are not opening up either on the Figma desktop version or Web version?

1 Like

Maybe need to import manually? I did that on my Mac last time : D

https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041003114-Import-files-into-Figma

I have the same situation. I haven’t figured it out yet.

I can’t open files that I have saved as .fig. Is there a solution for this? I certainly would hope so.

This worked for me

5 Likes

Found out why it wasn’t working. You have to be within a project to add a file. It won’t add to the Figma home screen.

1 Like

So basically, if I am on a plane or if my internet connection is poor, that would mean I just need to upload a file I just downloaded.
Sorry but it seems pretty silly to upload a file already on your computer…

2 Likes

My .fig files open in Sketch by default and can find no way to change this. I didn’t want to use Figma because it was browser-based and the internet is garbage in Berlin. I ended up preferring it in the end and making the switch. Now I cannot open the files that are saved directly to my desktop without them opening in Sketch instead… this is beyond asinine.

Happens the same to me. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but it’s frustrating. I want to handle a batch of local files to the client and I’m not sure how they’ll see it.

You can’t double-click them, you need to import them.