How do you make a button (when pressed) instantly dial a phone number?

I would like to know how to create a button, symbol, image, to be used as a call feature.

How do you make a button, when pressed, instantly call/dial a specific phone number?

1 Like

Hey Angelo, at the moment mailto: and tel: links aren’t supported in the editor or prototyping views.

mailto: is supported, only tel: isn’t.

Oh interesting, you’re right. I’ll let the team know we need to update our help article. :slight_smile:

It would be really nice to implement an option to make a phone number link with tel: prefix

Hi @Angelo,

I was trying to do the same and thought… since Figma only take real URLs and emailtos… what if we used a URL shortner?

And it works! Not all URL shortener accepts tel: urls, but I found that TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL was alright with it. Just generate one and copy/paste it to your figma URL.

Unfortunatly, it will ask any new user of that prototype if they accept to open an external link the first time, but that’s the best we have for now!

Cheers!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.