I’ve been doing some team clean up (renaming, consolidating projects/files/members) in our Figma Organization as we had grown to have 56 teams and had gone through a re-organization. Not being able to manage teams (names, descriptions, members, visibility) as an admin has made it such a pain to coordinate these updates with various team owners.
Here are some enhancements that would make it easier to be an admin:
- Option to allow only admins to create new teams
- Allow admins to edit visibility, names, descriptions, and members/roles of teams
- Create a new grouping level between Organization and Teams to make it easier to group related teams.
- Option to make new users “Viewer - Restricted” instead of “Viewer”
- Ability to view team projects/members without joining the team
- If I go to Admin settings > Teams, remember that I was on the Teams tab when I click on “Admin settings” again
- Let the Members and Teams tables in Admin settings get narrower than 1285px
- When a member leaves, it’s a mystery which admin will inherit their teams & drafts