Figjam connectors in Figma

Would be great also if you could anchor the connector links to any part of an image or object rather that just the sides. So that if you copy/paste a design you can anchor to buttons, menus, links on the design

5 Likes

I came here to suggest something similar, but I think FigJam should be an overlay over regular file, same way commenting is.

I created a thread here FigJam should also be an overlay over regular Figma pages (similar to commenting) - #2 by Karina2

3 Likes

Need it. Want it. :pray::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I agree we need some way to add an arrow to point to any part of an image. Right now I have to hand-draw in arrows to point to something like leaving feedback.

2 Likes

I’ve been shocked for the past 3 years at the Figma product team’s flat out refusal to include connectors in Figma, despite the constant customer requests for this feature… and then they add connectors to Figjam

3 Likes

It could be also useful if the connectors lines could be part of a component.

4 Likes

Came here to say this too. I thought I was clever for trying to convert a FigJam connector into a Figma component as a hack, but no… Figma wouldn’t let me do that ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

2 Likes

I think Figma wants to sell connectors only in the new product - Figjam. They want you to purchase it and will not make it available in existing Figma design files. You guys have found a workaround to add connectors in existing Figma design files by copying it from the jam file. I think they will now stop this function from working. This is not good. They should make it also available in design files and allow to change the thickness and colors

1 Like

Sure, you can copy/paste them, but that creates another problem - it creates such a mess with other layers. If you put them into folder, then copy/pasting existing connector just connect the edge of that folder that groups them. This is must have! I mean, i understand business needs, and the need to sell FigJam, which is useful on it’s on right, but it has plethora of other useful things for which Users will be ready to pay.but you really need to make it a native thing sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Figma, time to add this feature. I stopped using Adobe XD because they ignored the community. Please don’t tell me Figma is doing the same!

2 Likes

:point_up: Upvote! Please add connectors to Figma. Please listen to your community.

1 Like

Totally agree. It’s very useful for flows and annotations when handing off designs. It’ll be a huge time saver.
Considering it’s actually doable, just needed to be copied from Figjam, it’s not a technical constraint. Who’s the PM we need to talk to :smiley:

5 Likes

Just wanted to +1 the request that everyone else has had. A native, stable connector within Figma would be super useful.

For the time being, I’ve found that copying a connector from FigJam and pasting it into your design file allows you to use it as you might any other element in Figma (with the exception of putting it into a component). It’s a half step away from there being a “add a connector” button, but it means you don’t actually have to copy everything into FigJam, connect it up, and then paste it back. Just paste a connector, duplicate, move, attach it to the frames you want, and you’re good to go!

Yes please add this option to Figma as well. I also agree that having Figjam within Design files itself would be a massive plus. It almost feels like in app payments now. Why do I need to pay extra to use figjam :pleading_face:

Bump for this, I tried to make a library symbol to contain an imported connector but it just kicks it out of the frame. Please add this highly requested feature.

Often have to use nodes and connectors to high fidelity designs in Figma to explain user flows to developers and stakeholders. There’re plugins that can add connectors like Autoflow, however FigJam’s native connectors seems to work best. It’s possible to copy/paste connector from FigJam to Figma but it is a bit quirky. It’d be great to be able to add it directly inside of Figma.

+1 on this feature

In the meantime, you can copy them over from FigJam apparently, I have been using them in my Figma files for a while now (THEY ARE AMAZING! Can’t believe this feature is not there yet)

I should not be an easter egg you have to look around and find by luck. I t should be an officially supported tool to make it easier to find for everyone!

2 Likes

SO damn agreed. This is a thing that is 200% needed in Figma, regardless of whether FigJam exists or not

2 Likes

WE NEED THIS FEATURE. Documenting state diagrams and screens in two different kinds of documents is really annoying, especially when you need to make changes.

3 Likes