Component instances are missing elements when I run the prototype

Trying to find a solution to this problem, I found that users have elements missing when running prototypes from imported Sketch files or have lines not displayed that are .5px instead of 1px. These are not the problems I am having.

I have two Figma projects with prototypes that have been stable for 2 months. When I run the prototypes and activate dropdowns, modals and popups elements will be missing within them. I check the layout files and all elements are there. Examples are checkboxes, form fields and buttons will be missing. Another example is an entire combo menu will be blank.

I tried duplicating these elements and relinking them within the file and sometimes it will work but will break after a while.

I will attach some screenshots if I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screencap from the prototype:

Screencap of the same instance on the Figma page:

Screencap from the prototype:

Screencap of the same instance on the Figma page:

As you can see, the elements are in the page view but gone when running the prototype.

I’ve been having the same exact issue today. I would occasionally have what seems to be a very similar issue, like once to twice a week, for the last month. Closing the Figma desktop application or my browser, whichever I was using at the time, and reopening it would almost always fix the problem. But then today many components which had previously been stable for months started behaving this way with no change to the design file whatsoever. I’ve tried restarting the application, restarting the computer, even moving to an entirely different computer on an entirely different operation system; none of it worked to fix the issue. Parts of the design file are just simply not appearing in presentation mode anymore.

Peter, never had an issue like this while using Figma but it started to my knowledge yesterday since a stakeholder used both prototypes this past Tuesday with no issues. He now has the same result as I’m having. I did find that if I go into the master component or instance of one of the trouble modals or dropdown menus and make background color and run the prototype it will work. But after one or two tries, it will be busted again in the same area or a different area. I’m not sure what to do, this is really bad.

This issue has been resolved after opening a support ticket. Just got an email from support stating it was due to a recent performance-related feature that Figma engineers had enabled which has since been rolled back due to the increasing amount of reports like mine.

1 Like

Same missing button issue is happening for me Mar 24, 2024. The difference is, I see my prototype fine but when I’m performing a usability test some of the buttons disappear for my users.

I’ve tried a number of things to troubleshoot but having no luck. Anyone else having these issues recently?

I’ve also noticed that Figma desktop app is a little glitchy as I work in it too. I’ve tried restarting Figma, my computer, Chrome browser. Maybe the prototype issue has something to do this too?

Hello @Jennie_Mason, Thank you for getting in touch about this issue. I really appreciate the time you’ve taken to troubleshoot.

Could you please let us know where this issue is occurring? Is it in the browser, desktop app, mobile browser, or mobile app?

Sometimes, users may need to log in to Figma before viewing the prototype correctly. If possible, could you kindly advise users to log in to Figma before viewing the prototype to see if there are any differences?

If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out directly to our support team here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please ensure to use your Figma account email address and provide the direct link to your file. Additionally, add support-share@figma.com as an editor on the file and attach a screenshot of the issue. This will allow our support team to investigate further.

If I overlook anything, please let us know!

Thanks,