Can't type!

Hello. I’m working on a project for school and for some reason I can’t type or change a word in Figma. Can somebody please help me out! I really need this for school! Thank you!!!

Hi @Stijn1, Thank you for reaching out about this typing issue. We are here to assist you in any way we can to ensure that your school project is a great success!

If you wish to make changes to the text content of a text layer you have created, you can do so in one of the following ways:

• With the layer already selected: press the Enter / Return key to edit its contents.
  • Without the layer selected: double-click on the layer in the canvas.

For more details, you can refer to the Create and edit text

Please keep in mind that in order to edit a text layer, you must have the text layer’s font installed and accessible. You can find more information here: Add a font to Figma design

If the above methods do not work, please try the following:

• Browser: Force-quit and open Figma in a new browser window.
  • Desktop App: Force-quit the Figma Desktop app and restart it.

You can also explore other quick fixes in our troubleshooting checklist here: Troubleshooting checklist

If you still encounter issues, could you please share a screen recording of the problem?
Also, kindly confirm if this issue is occurring on the desktop app, web browser, or both. Have you experienced a similar issue in other applications (e.g., MS Word)?

I hope this information proves helpful. Please let me know if I have misunderstood anything!
If any members of our community have suggestions, please feel free to share them here.

Thanks!