Animated navigation bar with dropdown menu

Hello there. I beg you guys. Really. Can’t figure it myself. I spend 3 days on it and still nothing :frowning: I’m a newbie and trying to learn Figma. I have a big problem with prototyping a navigation bar with dropdown menu. i just wanted to create something like that:
While hovering on nav, it should drop a menu (without clicking or anything). And after removing mouse from dropdown, it should back to state before hover. exaple? https://www.ilovepdf.com or something like that. Can someone tell me how to do that? Sorry for my bad english… I’m trying my best…
Cheers!

1 Like

Hello there.
Seriously no one can handle my problem? :frowning: Please?

BR

Hi Artur,

I created this basic dropdown prototype, that works as you described. If you have any questions or want me to provide a step-by-step description of what I did, let me know.

You didn’t describe exactly what isn’t working for you, but if I were to guess, I suspect you’re not placing the dropdown outside the frame.

Cheers!
Adrian

Hello there :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response. I’ve tried your method too. But problem is when i put cursor/mouse on this dropdown - it disappears… and it shouldn’t. But i guess i figured it out. I think i have to change “while hovering” to “mouse enter” and “mouse leave” options. It works BUT now i have a problem with any animations. They doesn’t work at all :confused: I wanted to have smart animation on “Menu Item” and after that it should pop out this dropdown menu. Unfortunately it doesn’t work with that “mouse enter/mouse leave” method… :confused:

BR
Artur

Yeah, there might be some compromises that you have to make. I’m not sure if this will solve your issue with animating but have a look at interactive components. It’s a feature that’s still in beta, but it’s quite useful.

Yeah, i’m working on them already, and my problems still here :smiley: but thx for your time and advices!

BR
Artur

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.