Am I missing something? Figma Variants Question

So, I’ve been studying figma variants recently, but I’m not sure if I’m getting things right. My goal is to create a component set for input fields. Until now, I’ve created 8 variants related to the fields state (active, filled, disabled, focused etc) and then I’ve created 2 boolean properties (dropdown icon and prefixed text).

Now, I want to create a property for a Helper text beneath the input container, but I want it to be present on all variations of this set (states + other properties). Do I have to create the helper text property for EACH OTHER PROPERTY I have? This process seems very time consuming, so I’m not sure if I’m doing things right.
Am I missing something?

I appreciate any other tips you might have for this process too.

Yes. Or you can nest another component inside but you won’t be able to control its states from the top-level component, you would need to select that nested one separately.

1 Like

I see. I guess that having control over the states is better, since they come into play more often than properties does.

Either way, thank you so much, I’ve probably spent more time searching if I was doing it right than doing the variants itself, your reply made me get my hands dirty :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.