Always show hex AND HSB/HSL/RGB/CSS

Hex values are useful for copying and pasting. But they’re the least useful for editing colors in a structured way. What I love about webflow is that the color picker always shows two values.

Screenshot_48

I would love if figma did this as well, at least when you expand the color panel. Here’s a quick mockup of what it could look like:

An example use of this would be if I wanted to bulk change the hue or lightness of colors, and then copy that value to use for other layers. I can change the lightness/brightness using HSL/HSB, but then I can use hex to copy that specific color to use elsewhere in my project. Right now, I have to switch between panels often to make that happen. Whereas in webflow, I have both ready to go at all times.

2 Likes

Agreed. frustrating to always switch between the two! If they did this I’d probably always have HEX and HSL and never even touch the dropdowns

Yes! Especially with the eyedropper. I want to see more than 1 set of numbers while I’m using it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.