Space bar and Clicks delay

When I try to use Pan with the space bar or some click and drags… there are some delays and the commands don’t work properly, messing around the files. I had the same issues in a iOS from work and the windows in my house. I was suspicious that enabling the interactive componentes could be the one causing this problem, but another designer from my network complaint about the same issue to me, and he didn’t enabled that tool in beta.
Hope this complication do not last long.

5 Likes

This is happening to me too and I’m not using interactive components. There’s a 1-sec delay when I press the space bar to the moment the command starts working. It may sound like it’s a small thing but it completely disrupts the working flow since it’s starts selecting right away instead of panning

2 Likes

I have this problem as well. It also happens if I hold command so that vertical mouse scrolling will switch to zoom.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m on a Mac

1 Like

If you’re using a wireless keyboard with a laptop, try seeing if the problem still occurs when you use your laptop’s spacebar.

The problem did not replicate for me when using my laptop keyboard.

Resolution: plugged keyboard into laptop.

1 Like

It’s 2022 and this dreaded spacebar handle icon bug still persists. I can defenitely confirm that this is hugely detrimental and delaying workflow minute to minute operations. The only sure fire way is to exit and restart Figma.

1 Like

August 2022 - still the same bug…

1 Like

I know no one wants to hear this but try turning it(the wireless keyboard) off and on again. I came here with this issue, saw people talking about their wireless keyboard, turned it off and on again and it was fixed immediately.

1 Like

I found that this issue was related to my wireless keyboard and not to Figma! Using it connected with the cable solved my issue

1 Like

Same here. I connected the wireless keyboard(apple) with a cable and it fixed the issue right away. But again, when it’s not connected with the cable, the issue comes back.