Share specific section doesn't work

I have gone through the previous topics and people said there is a checkbox in the share dialog you can tick to share a specific section, which doesn’t exist in the Figma I am using.

Is this removed?

Hey there,

Are you looking to obtain a link to a specific section? If so, you can do so by selecting the section, clicking the ‘Share’ button located at the top right corner, and then copying the link. Alternatively, you can also select the section and press Cmd (or Ctrl for Windows users) + L.

Please feel free to let us know how it works!

Thanks,
Toku

I want to share only that section and anything outside should be hidden, but the “copy link” only directs people to the design file where they will see everything.

Eventually, I must do the old trick by creating a new page only for sharing.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I’m not sure if a specific feature for this exists, but I can suggest a potential workaround, although it may not be the ideal solution for you.

Once you select the section you want to share, you can use the ‘quick actions’ to hide other layers. This allows you to share a specific section without revealing the other layers::

Again, I know this may not be the most convenient solution, but I hope it helps. If anyone in the community knows a better way to do this, I’d love to hear it!

Thanks,
Toku

It still doesn’t solve the problem, because it’s a working file so eventually I still have to duplicate to carry on the work which is exactly what I was doing from the beginning. Figma is bugging me about all these simple functions that don’t exist…