Revert merged branch

Hi! I accidentally clicked on “Merge” instead of “Send Review” and merged the branch I was sending for review :woman_facepalming:. Please tell me there’s a way to “un-merge” my branch!

Thanks

Figma people, don’t put the Merge and Review buttons so close together, or add a confirmation dialog before actually merging

2 Likes

Hi, if you use version history, you should be able to revert the main file back to the state before your branch was merged: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038006754-View-a-file-s-version-history.

In order to pick up where you left off, a member of our support team would need to help, as we don’t normally allow branches to be unarchived once they’re merged (since you could run into trouble merging them multiple times).

I absolutely just did this as well. I misread the “merge” button as an “update from main” button and accidentally pushed a ton of changes to the main file.

In this particular case, it’s not super serious because those design updates were being implemented, anyway, but I can see how this can really go wrong if I misclick something again.