Prototype delay duration ⏰⏰

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this

When using PROTOTYPE > INTERACTIONS > DELAY > AFTER DELAY > 10000ms

1. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

DURATION can’t go further than 10000ms

1. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

Would be great to be able to have more time for delays!
100000 max?
1000000? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Of course that would be nice but how are you going to use such a long delay?

1 Like

Figma + AnimaApp + long delay = time for games and quizzes! :sunglasses:

1 Like

My company would like a longer delay because we are using this in self driven user testing. 2-3 minutes

3 Likes

I would like the ability to add further delay, so I can autoplay and transition gifs longer than 20 seconds

2 Likes

I would really like longer delays, I think it is a pointless restriction which only makes it harder to design freely.

In my personal scenario 2 minutes would be great.
Just imagine having a view with a 120s timeout, I would like to transition between views to usertest a timeout experience.

Another specific scenario is a timer (progressbar like component) which visualize the countdown to the timeout. I would like to set a full bar and an empty bar variation for the countdown component and use smart animate. Currently I have to do 12 variants to create this specific components, only due to the current 10s restriction… Please fix this asap. Thanks.

6 Likes

Longer delays can provide cross-team use for prototypes; longer delays allow options to explore different levels of user feedback in moments of inactivity for research. In addition, long-time delays are also valuable for the sales and marketing teams as the designer can set screens to display the prototype page by page on background displays at start-up trade shows, client meetings, demonstrations, site embedding, and so much more if you think creatively!

2 Likes

When I use Smart Animate in interactive components, it allows me to enter 10000ms maximum for the duration. I think this area should allow any number (up to 100000). Also, a loop option for the interactive component would be awesome.

6 Likes

When I use Smart Animate in interactive components, it allows me to enter 10000ms maximum for the duration. I think this area should allow any number (up to 100000). Also, a loop option for the interactive component would be awesome.

7 Likes

And also it’ll be really great if we can automaticaly save animation setting for other screen

3 Likes

The best use case for this is when creating a carousel with let’s say 10 images that loop. I set it up as a frame with 10 images in position start and then a second frame in position end. 10s is way too fast and it looks like the images are zooming to the left in the carousel.

This seems like an arbitrarily unnecessary restriction, why not make it unlimited?

4 Likes

Longer delay abilities also help when we have some other components (which also have animations within themselves) on the page and we want to have the transition only when they’re complete.

I have the exact same use case. Transitioning each image separately is painful…

2 Likes

Making a pan loop BG for a game. I need a very calm and slow camera pan of a tile bg background, but with this cap the “camera man” seems in a rush to finish the job and go home xD

2 Likes

Hey Ignacio, thank you for your feedback! Others in the community have requested something similar. Feel free to leave your feedback and vote here: https://t.co/H1oXsxTzGJ.

— Figma (@figma) July 31, 2023

Exactly why I need a longer delay.

I have a row of company logos that slide automaticaly, but it still looks too fast for what I need.

3 Likes

also need a longer delay i create a countdown clock and i use the delay to control seconds and minutes , can do minutes

There is no need to have a minute delay for this. Please take a look at Variables and Advanced Prototyping.

You can also duplicate this file to find out the details of how things like this are created:

1 Like

So Is the feature coming or not?

This would be useful for me also, designing a UI for a device that has a 2 minute start up sequence for self test functions etc. I can’t be the only one using Figma to prototype UIs for industrial or scientific equipment that have self test and diagnostic routines prior to activation.