Plans for an supporting OFFLINE Figma

I work at company which deals with sensitive information. A common method used to keep information from leaking is refraining from using cloud services. Since Figma is a cloud based app, I’m unable to use it as most users normally do.

It is pretty clear that Figma team decided to make it impossible to use Figma offline. As stated in their help docs, while offline you cannot " Create new files, or open files that you don’t already have open."

This makes Figma unusable while offline.

Many people out there would benefit from using Figma offline. I don’t see a reason to keep limiting the offline functionality as it currently is, so, Figma Team, please help a brotha out!

5 Likes

Hey Isaac,
Thank you for your detail feedback, we’ll pass along to our team for consideration.
Figma is designed for the browser, and real-time collaboration is at the heart of what we do. We don’t currently have plans to support a fully-featured offline mode.

For more information, we’ve put together a non-exhaustive list of which features and functions are available when you’re offline. Feel free to check our guide in the help center here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040328553-Use-Figma-while-offline Thank you!

1 Like

Hey! :wave:
Any update on this? This would be a lot of help, because I usually do a lot of my work while I’m on my daily commute. Unfortunately, the signal is scarce along most of the route.

1 Like

I wanted to work on my designs on an airplane without internet… impossible.

1 Like

This is a great feature. Figma should have the best UX and what should people from poor countries do? People who have a poor network connection or no connection at all!!!