"On Scroll" for prototyping

+1 Anything would be great! Slightly building on “anything” would be control on scroll direction up/down for vertical and left/right for horizontal. :pray:

4 Likes

+1 this would unlock a lot of cool prototypes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sticky headers changing their variant on scroll, sidebar filters getting stuck after a certain point, changing the background on scroll, animating content… :pray: pretty please :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I won’t reiterate the very valid use cases others have stated here. But, the Mouse enter hack does not apply for mobile testing. Need this.

4 Likes

+1 we really need this

2 Likes

agree with what’s been said. this is needed.

2 Likes

+1 I’m relatively new to Figma but was looking to see if this feature exists. Guess not, considering how recent the posts to this thread are. I’m trying to animate a nav that shrinks and becomes sticky after scrolling to a certain position. Was using the “Mouse Down” interaction to trigger the animation, but it’s not an ideal solution as the prototype is buggy. I’m going to have to create a separate prototype just to show my client how this animation will work, which is kind of frustrating. Hoping the fine folks at Figma are working on adding this feature!

3 Likes

How do I create a sticky menu that only appears when scrolling up/down. Ideally it animates by sliding up and down when scrolling triggers it.

7 Likes

It would be awesome to add the On scroll up and On scroll down event to hide the sticky headers when scrolling down in a prototype.

12 Likes

Problem:
I want to have a fixed bar hide when you scroll down, and reappear when you scroll up (common pattern in mobile and web).

You can currently only do this with a hover hack when viewing the prototype on web. I’d love to have this work on mobile so we can use this in UX research when the participant uses the prototype on their phone, as well as be able to play with it.

Doing this in a way that could be within a component so it can be on a long flow would be even better! But I just want the basics :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Yoni

11 Likes

Would be great if we could take advantage of scrolling as an interaction. Maybe scrolling could act as a scrubber between frames.

5 Likes

i need the same help

2 Likes

As far as I know this is currently not possible in figma. I have two workarounds for this.

1. adding “after delay”, so when presenting the prototype I have to time the change very precisely
  2. adding “enter key” interaction, triggering the appearance manually while presenting. So I simulate the behavior.

But of course, when it comes to user test or let others play around with the prototype both variations are not very satisfiying.

1 Like

the feature i need the most,

there is a ugly workaround using mouse enter and leave, but it’s too weird.

Would be much better I set something like: "scroll tigger - 120px top - action)

4 Likes

Find myself wanting this so frequently. Fixed headers appear on scroll so often. I hope this gets added soon!

1 Like

One of the top recommendations for a Product Display Page is a Sticky Table of Contents for long pages. I NEED THIS FEATURE.
Make it happen Figma.

:rocket: LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!

3 Likes

Would love this functionality. I have been stuck making static representations of how the screens look on scroll.

1 Like

It would be so great to have a scroll event. There are a lot of products that tell a story on each scroll.

Thank you

2 Likes

You can make a decently faked behavior with a technique as showcased in this file by @FOX

5 Likes

Approaching a year since this was posted. Please add! The use case of mobile testing as @Yoni_Afek described is exactly what we need.

2 Likes