Image export is pixelated unless I'm zoomed in on it

I have a big file with a lot of images. I often need to export these images in bulk, but the only way to do that is to zoom in on like 3 images at a time so they are loaded by Figma properly and then hit Export while they are still in view.
I don’t understand why doesn’t Figma load the images properly automatically before export. What’s funny this has gotten worse since I moved to a more powerful laptop. Images used to stay loaded while I’m in the same page of a file, now everything unloads as soon as I zoom out.

Hey @Billy_Not_Really,

Sorry for the frustration! Figma stores both high-resolution and low-resolution versions of your images. High-resolution images are images larger than 512 by 512 pixels.

Figma only downloads high quality versions of images in your current viewport. For images outside your current view, Figma loads a lower quality version. This improves performance when you first load a file.

If you have a lot of high-resolution images in a file, your images may look blurry at first. Figma will load high-resolution images as you explore the file.

More info here:

However, it doesn’t. For me at least. That’s what this thread is about.

We were hoping to give more context regarding images in Figma. Since you have a big file with a lot of images, this behavior is expected. The reason for the pixelation is because you’re hitting the browser tab memory limit when zoomed out, causing some exports to be “cut short”.

Exporting chunks is the only solution here, by splitting your file up so you’re not exporting too much at one time.

hahaha, this is not a solution, you cannot write “solution” here. Imagine have to export 70’000 assets. Or maybe ok, it’s a solution, but you come and you do it for me, and for free of course

You cannot give a piece a software, say that this software can export assets, and then later say “oh by the way, the memory is very limited, so you won’t be able to export a lot of them, and we don’t have other solutions then letting you spend several days doing something that would have taken a few minutes only if we thought about letting a Mac Studio use all it’s available memory”