Guest Comments & Voting for Clients w/o Account

We just recently made the switch from XD to Figma. This feature is MAJOR and for it to not be offered in Figma is a disappointment. It is not acceptable to ask stakeholders and clients to register in order to comment feedback and access assets. Seems like Dark UX to me!

Also, I spoke with a Figma representative and he stated that this feature is only offered to paid subscriptions. So we purchased the Organization subscription. Thank goodness we didn’t go with the Enterprise subscription that he highly recommended.

Again, HUGE disappointment. Really hope, once the acquisition is final, Adobe can insist that this feature be a top priority update!

1 Like

I can only agree with Adam.

I also recently switched from XD to Figma. Actually because of “more functionality”.

When I now learned that there is no “Guest Comment Feature”, I almost fell from faith.

Asking customers to create a guest account in feedback rounds is, in my opinion, an absolute insult. Guest Comments as they are possible in Adobe XD are an indispensable feature.

1 Like

Cmon Figma… this was requested almost two years ago!
And this feature is actually a no-brainer and shouldn’t be requested here in the first place.
Also, you have more resources than ever thanks to Adobe (or tied hands, who knows, blink twice if that is the case, I won’t tell anyone, promise :shushing_face:).

2 Likes

The Figma engineers seem to be focused on stickers, emojis, and music lists for Figjam. None of which our engineers or clients care for.

7 Likes

I just sent out a prototype to some stakeholders, assuming this was possible. Pretty quickly got word back that it wasn’t possible for them to leave a comment. I can’t expect sales reps, account managers, warehouse staff to create a Figma account. C’mon it’s 2023.

7 Likes

as long as it is permitted by project owner, “anonymous / guest comment” is totally a no-brainer…
i don’t see why such an UX-emphasized company is missing out this vital feature!!

2 Likes

The lack of this feature is hurting my team and I from getting Figma.

I work on a web team at a startup, and we primarily use XD for websites, but I’m the only one who gets access to Figma with the Product Designers because someone has to stay aligned with the product designers for app presentations on websites. We have a paid account.

I wanted to move our team to Figma to build websites faster, but they saw this roadblock and denied the switch. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Come on Figma! You’re missing out on a lucrative opportunity. Heck, give it to paid accounts if you have to.

3 Likes

Hi there Figjam Community,

I would like to suggest enabling to guests without account to at least comment and vote on the dashboard.
We often conduct user tests with users outside of our company and would like to show our prototypes to them via Figjam. It would add to the presence and interactivity if the guests would be able to at least vote and comment. Often our users don’t want to register on a new system just for a test.
Rivals such a Miro already enable this feature and Figjam being this restricting is a killer criteria sadly. I would really like to link Figma with Figjam, but without this feature it’s impossible for us.

Best regards,
Jennifer

3 Likes

We are in need of this feature as well. Really needed and other platforms have this already. :slight_smile:

Makes designing so smooth with this feature because a customer is able to create comments when they have time and directly in the project, which makes it easier for us, as a designer.

Best regards,
Casper Thomsen

Plus for the feature. There is a lot of useful suggestions for a viewer mode and sharing, so maybe it’s rework time.

How far along are we with this? I find it a bit problematic in certain instances

3 Likes

Agreed. In an agency environment this is needed.

Only realised today that you had to create an account to leave comments on our work…a few days after encouraging a client to do so. Fortunately they did in this case. But it causes unneccessary steps for a busy client, and additional credentials to remember.

3 Likes

Exactly. A basic account setup might seem straightforward to designers and devs, but to the average office worker the friction is just too great. Defs one of the biggest issues with Figma right now imo. We are getting major pushback from colleagues who don’t want to use the tool with clients for this exact reason.

2 Likes

Wow! I am having the exact same experience at work! It’s crazy. Figma is so powerful yet we are being held back by this seemingly trivial flaw. I hope Figma does something about it asap.

Absolutely essential. This issue is causing unnecessary friction and as a result my team doesn’t want to use prototype links with clients - which is crazy! We are having to create pdfs like its 2010. All because people in my team don’t want our clients to have issues with reviews.

Outside the design/dev bubble people have little patience for creating accounts and having to formally login to comment.

2 Likes

Just a reminder that even the original InVision Web App did this better than Figma – almost a decade ago. And InVision did a great job at managing share links (even revoking and removing links, changing rights afterwards) and setting viewer rights, password protected projects etc.
Removing friction and obstacles for clients / viewers is so so important.

Please @Figma_Support we need Guests to be able to view and comment designs without any kind of registration.

1 Like

Any update on this? @Figma_Support. The majority of our clients don’t like this kind of need to register just for them to comment on the design.

Our team just recently moved from XD to Figma, and learning about this is a downer.

2 Likes

Could be done with ease… I guess it has not enough votes

Helloooo, Figma developeeeeers? This is the worst UX possible regarding commenting. Please fix this ASAP.

2 Likes

@Figma figma Do something.

2 Likes