Filter comments by page, category, person, etc

1. Describe the problem your experiencing

• Our design file has 50+ comments across various projects at any given time.
  • As a designer, it’s noisy for me to see all comments instead of ones just on the page that I’m working through.

Suggested idea
Filter visible comments by page.

1 Like

The right side comments panel shows all the comments for all the pages. Only filtering options are All vs your comments. There is no way to filter the comments for just that page. That is very annoying because in our use case there are hundreds of ongoing comments on different pages. Finding the ones that are relevant to the current page is very difficult. The right side panel should only show comments for that page by default and then maybe have an option to show all comments.

1 Like

Michael Miller did a fantastic case study on how comments could be improved. I hope Figma is taking notice: Reimagining Comments on Figma. A redesign for the 2021 Kleiner Perkins… | by Michael Miller | Medium

@Naitik_Mehta Yeah the way Figma organizes comments right now is not ideal. We’ve just launched a little nifty tool that allows you to see all comments across your entire Figma account. You can also filter by files, project, team and many other things. I’d love to get your feedback on this, check it out here: https://comments.magicul.io

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this

We use comments a lot and as a result, the comments panel gets pretty busy. Having the ability to view comments by page or person would make them easier to manage and read.

Does the innovation in the comments solve your problem?

I’m not sure what you mean by “innovation”. I see the filter options to switch between All / Only Yours / Resolved comments but nothing else.

I meant new functionality.

Now, users can search for a specific keyword or person, or sort comments by date.
Source: Figma blog — Stay in the flow with redesigned comments | Figma Blog

1 Like

We’ve heavily using figma comment to provide feedback, guideline while development. We have specific comment that are provided by certain colleagues that need to be filtered by name to fetch out the comment. Right now, we are suffering from browsing all comments to find specific comments from certain colleague. That eats time for everyone who is involved in the development.

If possible can we provide a filter by user feature so that we can find target comment?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, it would be nice to have an option to filter comments with “Only threads I’m tagged in”.

It would be nice to be able to filter comments by date and “select in bulk” in order to archive out-of-date comments that have been “sitting there” a while. Obviously, this is easy when you have few, but with large files and numerous comments - this is very tedious.

1 Like

Honestly this drives me bonkers. I would love to be able to filter by users and even be able to tag comments (like to-do, idea, etc) and filter by those tags

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!

We’ll pass this onto our team for future consideration.

When in a Figma with a lot of pages, and getting lots of feedback through comments, would be nice to sort the comments by page, in addition to most recent, etc.