Figma – Microsoft Teams

Hi there,
As a team worked in Microsoft environment, we’re looking for Figma–Microsoft Teams integrations. For comments notifications, for libraries updates and more.

10 Likes

Is it possible to have an integration with Microsoft Teams similar to the Figma-Slack integration? I just want comments notifications sent to Teams instead of email. Please make this a feature! :heart:

8 Likes

+1 here - more and more Corporate switching to Figma and most of them run on MS Teams, like us. Would be highly appreciated.

3 Likes

For us, there are two main use cases:

1. integration of Figjam in Teams meetings as a tab so that we can use it as a white board
  2. integration of Figma as a tab in a Teams channel so that everyone will be up to date on the most recent design

If you additionally make both available the other way round, it would be perfect. Mural is a good reference here, they did quite a nice job with their Teams app.

Kind regards
Peter

2 Likes

+1 … best app to jot down a quick and dirty wireframing as fast as can get

1 Like

Searched all around for some way to get comments to show up in MS Teams but it seems it would be incredibly difficult. I second this, there are a lot of corporate Sketch to Figma switches going on and most of those environments use MS Teams. Some simple post-comments-to-teams-channel integration would be amazing.

1 Like

Yep, if Invision and Miro can do it, I would think it would make a whole lot of sense for Figma to do it.

*I’ve tried adding it via the “Website” approach through Teams, but when I move to another tab and come back, it logs me out, and have to log back in EVERY time. That said, is this an issue with Teams or Figma? In either case, I would say this aspect fits more on the “bug” side of things.

Lastly, feels like a no-brainer if wanting to get more enmeshed on the enterprise client side of things since all heading over to the Microsoft suite.

2 Likes

Yes, I would also love Figma + MS Teams integrations. I’d rather use Slack but our company mandates we use Teams for security purposes. Yes, more corporations that previously used Sketch/Invision are transitioning to Figma, so this request will only increase over time.

Agreed. This is really required in corporation that use MS Teams only.

1 Like

Just tagging onto this thread, we would LOVE to see a Teams integration…it is really challenging to keep going to email to open each comment a person has left on Figma…our designers open most their work to stakeholders for comment in Figma, and stakeholders and managers want to have a visible live chat without being in the Figma tool…Teams is what we use, all day… thanks!

1 Like

I would like to be able to automatically push figma library updates to a teams channel: ex Figma Design System Updates.

1 Like

Hey Figma,

As a frameworks designer working with libraries, it’s crucial to be able to be prompt with comments and requests. Having direct access Figma collaboration tools inside Teams here at MSFT (who all use Figma) would be a game changer for us.

Im quite sure PMs, Engineers and Feature designers are singing this same song aswell :smiley:

Dear Plugin gods, please make it happen. :pray:t6:

In Figma we pray, Amen!

1 Like

My company would also love this integration.

BUT in the meantime, you can always add a new tab in Microsoft Teams that simply loads a Website. If you’re able to, set your Figma file to “Anyone with the link” and paste that link into that new Teams tab.

It’s basically View Only since it permanently breaks if you log in (don’t log in!)… Not at all ideal, but at least it’s something. My company uses it to view high level diagrams made in Figjam of our products :blush:

1 Like

+1 would love a native Figma + Teams integration to ease collaboration. I’m specially interested in notifying a Teams channel when a new Library update is submitted.

1 Like

+1 on this! Why we cannot do this?

This would be a great addition for my Teams-only organization. Being able to preview/comment on prototypes within Teams, and share updates to a Teams team, would be fantastic.

Would like to add a bit more to this voted idea, since right now it is already in MS Teams, but some improvements might prove helpful to its usage:

• Showing the preview of the linked frame / element / section in the embed image instead of just the cover image (if the link is pointing to a frame / element / section)
  • If possible to have the embed image link update to the latest view, even just as a user triggered action