Design team uses Adobe Fonts, copy team doesn't. What now?

Recently we had the bright idea to add the copy team to Figma with edit access, so they can just edit and add copy directly in a design, instead of delivering a word doc with notes on where it should go.

But now we just realized- on the copywriter’s end, it shows missing fonts all over the place. If fonts are coming from Adobe Fonts, and the copywriters don’t have Creative Cloud, are we just SOL if we can’t get the budget to add the copy team plugged into Adobe?
Adobe Fonts doesn’t provide the actual font files.

Hi @dcmaia-nectar, Thanks for getting in touch about Adobe Fonts and for sharing the details. I appreciate it!

I’ve just looked into Adobe’s instructions and noticed that Creative Cloud is mentioned as a first step. Here’s the link for more information: ​​​​Activate fonts on your computer

Also, I thought you might find our help center articles on accessing local fonts and managing missing fonts useful. Here they are:

I hope this helps clear things up a bit!

And remember, our community is a great resource. I know some of our members use Adobe Fonts too. So, if anyone has any insights on this, please don’t hesitate to chime in!

Thanks again!

Hey @Junko3 thanks for this. But I think you might’ve misunderstood- the copywriters don’t have Creative Cloud. My question is if they can edit the copy without seeing the fonts or be bothered by the missing fonts modal. Or better yet, get them to see the fonts.

Is that possible?

Hi there, Thank you for providing further details.

When you’re in a Figma design file, Figma checks to see if you have access to the fonts being used in that file. If any text is using a font that you don’t have access to, a missing font warning will appear in the file.

We have an article that provides a solution to this issue, but unfortunately, it seems that we don’t have an option to disable this warning.

Here’s the link to the article: Missing font alert in Figma Design

If any other community members have insights or suggestions, please feel free to share them here! We’d love to hear from you.

Thanks,

That’s a shame. So copywriters can’t edit text unless they have the fonts installed?

Yes, that is correct.