Changes in colour hues once i migrate from a design to a prototype

Hello there,

My name is Kofo Mary, I’m based in London, UK. And working in marketing and sales. First of all, Happy New Year!!! I hope you had a great Christmas.

I think Figma is a fantastic application. As a UX design amateur I really appreciate how this application, is fantastic at helping me convey what I want to design.

THE PROBLEM: CHANGES IN COLOUR HUES ONCE I MIGRATE FROM A DESIGN TO A PROTOTYPE.

1.0 When I tried to convert the designs into a working prototype. They no longer have the beautiful purple colour but are in fact black in appearance.

Why has the colour changed so dramatically? I cannot create the prototype with this current problem.

I look forward to your feedback.

Best

Kofo Mary Are

1 Like

Could you share screenshots of the problem? Show the object with the problematic color so that the Design panel is also visible.

Hello tank666

Prototype with Problematic Colour:

Design Prior to Creating the Prototype:

Thanks for the links. The problem is that your screen frame is inside a group, so you can’t see it in Presentation mode. Only top-level frames can be displayed in Presentation mode. Therefore, just ungroup to fix it.

As for the part of the design in the screenshot below, the darkening in Presentation mode is due to the fact that you have applied a gradient fill that goes into transparency, which is superimposed on the background (almost white canvas in the editor and black background in Presentation mode). To fix this, you need to add a non-transparent fill (like white) to the screen frame and reorder the fills so white is on the bottom.

frame-(presentation-mode)

1 Like