Can't move and delete on figma

Hi community, I’m new on figma and somehow I can’t delete or move elements. I got all editor rights but still doesn’t work. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Show a full screen screenshot

1 Like

“new users can not upload attachments.”
pls check link my dropbox:

Please show a full screen screenshot (image), not a video of a tiny part of the screen. And make sure all toolbars are enabled and visible (cmd + \).

Most likely you simply don’t have Edit access to the file.

Tks for your reply
pls check 2 video,

Thank you! This seems weird. Does your keyboard work at all? Have you tried moving these objects with a cursor? Also have you tried restarting Figma/whole computer?

Hi Gleb :sunny:
Does your keyboard work at all?
→ My keyboard is working well
Have you tried moving these objects with a cursor?
→ I can move every objects with a cursor
Also have you tried restarting Figma/whole computer?
→ it’s okay when I reopen, restarting… But those errors still come back

My teammates also have this problem

1 Like

In this case you need to reach out to Figma support team to report a bug, this is definitely some kind of a glitch.

1 Like

Thanks you

I am Windows user, and I have same problem like this.
(I also have mac, the problem didn’t appear on mac)
To fix it, I have to close Figma… and reopen it.

Do you resolve the problem?

when I get an error, I clicked on the name of the file, then everything is back to normal. You no need reopen file. :joy:.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem on Mac. My Delete key stopped to work.

Hey Bruno, sorry to hear you’re having trouble deleting!

Is this happening both in browser and using the desktop app? Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps above? What OS are you using?

It is actually the same problem for me. I can not move an object anywhere in the frame when I create a new page. I simply locked the frame, and everything moved. Maybe this solution is helpful to you.

1 Like

For me it was a keyboard that was detached for a second from the laptop. It only acted out in Figma everything else worked. So until i opened the laptop lid (basically in that case it does a small refresh on the states of attached peripheries) Figma was weird (no move or move with copy and no delete).

1 Like