Allow teams to hide text on sticky notes from each other til we're done brainstorming

My team loves to brainstorm, and we do it by each jotting down our own ideas separately, and then revealing, sharing, and converging on those ideas when we’re done. We love tools like EasyRetro that let us hide our own cards until we’re ready for the big reveal, but it’s not as fun and visual as a product like FigJam. I’d love for us to be able to make sticky notes with the text hidden from my teammates, and then unhide the text on those sticky notes all at once when we’re done brainstorming

15 Likes

That would be a great addition to FigJam. We usually take 5/10 minutes to put our notes on the board during retros, and seeing everyone else’s notes is biasing this process. Having a mode where we can reveal notes all at once would solve this.

5 Likes

I used the See No Sticky widget for this purpose. It’s right there in Figjam when you look for widgets. The author can set the text to hidden or visible when needed. Hope that does the trick for you!

1 Like

This would be useful for my company too, we like this feature in other tools but want to stay with FigJam. For me, the See No Stickey widget just requires too many clicks to feel practical as a solution for this. Would need to be something built in to the existing sticky note interface, that sets everything visible at once, like @Antoine_Vigneau said.

1 Like

This feature is a bit of a miss. It works well on Mural that you can set people off to create and then reveal to all at the end. It stops biasing and also it takes some of the fun out some of the activities