A shortcut for 'Clip content'

is there a shortcut for Clip content? It would be handy to have one for quickly entering and exiting layers that are hidden by Clip content.

1 Like

Hi Harald!

There’s no specific shortcut for this, however, you can use the Quick Actions menu to toggle clip content.
Once you use it, it will appear as a previously used command and you’ll be able to toggle it pretty quickly by hitting Cmd/Ctrl + P and then Enter.

1 Like

I suggest that a shortcut for ‘Clip content’ is added.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply and suggestion. My preferred workflow would still be to have a separate shortcut. If Figma displayed clipped content in an alternative way, like f.ex. some sort of automatic hide/reveal of clipped content then that would enable a fast workflow. Currently, toggling seems to be the only way to view and edit clipped layers.

1 Like

+1 Request a shortcut

1 Like

I agree. It would definitely speed up my workflow if there was a ‘Clip Content’ / ‘Unclip Content’ shortcut. :100:

2 Likes

+1 for the Toggle Clip Content.

• I had to create a macro that pastes the text on to the Cmd + P bar and then presses Enter.
  • It used to be on the menu, Figma team removed it, don’t know why.
  • At least, put it on the menu again, so I can simulate the menus through a simpler macro.
1 Like

I presume everyone clips/unclips contents of selected frame a lot; however there is no keyboard shortcut for it as per my knowledge.
Would be time-saving to have a keyboard shortcut to toggle clip/unclip for selected frame.

Hey @Ajith_R, thank you for your feedback! Others in the community have requested something similar. I am going to change the Category into “Share an Idea” and merge your topic so you can vote on the main page.

I agree. It would definitely speed up my workflow if there was a ‘Clip Content’ / ‘Unclip Content’ shortcut.