Mac keyboard accents are not supported

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
Typing an accented letter in Mac OS can be done by keeping a keyboard letter pressed which reveals a range of accents.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
Open Figjam on a mac, type into a note, long press E, and try to insert an accented letter (e.g. é).

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Tested in the browser

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Desktop Chrome Version 89.0.4389.128 (Official Build) (x86_64)

1 Like

@Benjamin_Tran_Dinh thanks for reporting this bug, we were able to replicate it in the web browser. This feature is working in the desktop app, so we recommend using the desktop app for now as a workaround. Let us know if this helps!

2 Likes

I have this issue with the Figma application on a Mac.
When I try to type José using the mac press and hold shortcut, I get Joseé.

Figma Desktop App version 97.7
Catalina version 10.15.7

4 Likes

For me, it does not work in browser or desktop app. I am using Big Sur version and Figma app 98.10

3 Likes

Im, Having the same issue i cant put accent in words , desktop and web isnt work.
help

Hello, im having the same issue Big Sur 14.4 desktop and web are with the same issue

Hello !

Same issue here. Mac Accents are not working anymore.
They weren’t “properly supported” before but now, they are just not working at all.

Long press display the accent system options, as it should, but choosing one does not “print” it.

It could be a problem when delivering product in French and can be understood as a misspelling from a client perspective.

Hi, I also have the same problem. It used to work but not anymore (around one month ago).

I’m also using figma on my mac.

Hello !
I am having the same issue on Mac since the latest version. It works in the comments on the other hand.

Same here, I have tested on a M1 Mac and a Intel based, in the desktop app.
Both have the same problem.

Hello, Im using the desktop version on a macOS Big Sur 11.4 and its not working at all. please fix as soon as possible. Thanks!

Same here, Mac Catalina, Desktop app.

Same issue here, Desktop App

Same issue here, Desktop App on Mac OS Big Sur

Hello i found a work around that is pretty simple, for accents you press option+e and then the letter you want to place the accent on (áéíóú) and for ñ you press option+n plus the letter.

1 Like

Hello, it dsn’t work, you press option+a or option+e you can place the accent only on (åé)
and don’t forget these accent ( â à ê è )it dsn’t work either

1 Like

Help please !!!

Same issue here on desktop app

Same issue here tooo

When are we receiving any reply for this? I have to correct all text in another software in order to put accents. Please help solving this bug